the domestiC AcTresS

Stay at home with the cats... or act on stage. My lifelong dilemma.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Sometimes something happens that just knocks you for six. For the past few years, I've had a very ordered life. I was in control of, well, practically everything I could be in control of. And then recently, something happened that took that 'control' out of my hands. I didn't like it. I still don't like it. It made me feel sad and upset and devastated and awful. I didn't think I could cope. But with the help of my ever-present circle of friends, I think I'll eventually be ok. But it's going to take time.

In the meantime, I'm trying to keep my mind off things by keeping myself as busy as I can. Doing things I enjoy so I can stop thinking. To that aim, yesterday I went to one hell of a party at the Blonde's place. The company yesterday was just amazing, the food really yummy and the booze... well, let's just say that there was more than enough of it. I really had a good time. I think all this going out, enjoying myself is some kind of defense mechanism to stop me feeling like shit. I did have a little cry on the Blonde's shoulder in her room for 2 minutes and she held my hand and gave me a big hug. As did practically everyone else at the party. I'm a lucky girl in this respect I guess.

Of course, every silver lining has a cloud and so this morning I woke up, after about four hours sleep, with the mother of all hangovers (for me anyway!) and a cold/hay fever which means blocked nose, sneezing, sore throat, the works. Oh well! Maybe I should go and have some rest before I have to face school tomorrow...

7 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger MaltaGirl said…

    Ah, and there I thought that a silver lining was supposed to be something nice... hope your cold/hay fever goes away soon :-)

    We love you! We do!

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Well, all that indulgence HAD to have consequences didn't it?" But it was FUN! Love you too xxx

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger PeachBellini said…

    Hon I hope you're okay. I'm now seriously worried about you and you know I'm the worrier par excellence! Take care and if you need anything just yell 'k?

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Hsejjes said…

    Hope cold is better. We should join forces cos I have the mother of all sniffles also....sigh. Babes, I know I don't know you all that well, but you ARE worrying me now. You take care. Hang in there.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Hey Hsejjes, don't worry... i'll be ok. Thanks for the concern pupa xxx

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Coemgen said…

    I've been away too long and most blogs I read as if it's the first time. That means I'm loosing touch. Anyways, I hope you are now better. Fight the damned cloud back and if I can be of any help, you got the link on the profile. Take Care.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Thanks Coemgen xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home