the domestiC AcTresS

Stay at home with the cats... or act on stage. My lifelong dilemma.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Things to do in Summer when you're Alive

Title used with apologies to Scott Rosenberg!

Well, it's a been a while since I've put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard!) and updated my blog. My life seems to go on in 'waves' - there are some times when I can cope with the millions of things that are happening in my life plus I have time to do the other non-essential things such as write here or erm... have a home-made facial or watch a DVD. And there are times when there just isn't! And lately it's been very little of the former and a lot of the latter!

However, I did manage to do a few things that I had promised myself I would do this summer:




  • Watch the first season of 'Lost'. I finally managed to find (hehehe - excuse the pun!) it at Exotique and spent every possible second of my free time watching it 2 weeks ago. Worth every minute. The best things about it - the pilot (not the one of the aeroplane - although this cameo role was played by Greg Grunberg - Agent Sean in Alias, who is brilliant - but the first episode); the genius of JJ Abrams, the executive producer who was also the creator of Alias; the fact that one of the writers/executive producers was David Fury of Buffy/Angel fame; the writing as a whole; the twists; and last but not least, the amazing dimples of one Josh Holloway who plays Sawyer - not my favourite character, that accolade belongs to Hurley, played by Jorge Garcia - but definately this year's winner of my award entitled 'Most Gorgeous Being on TV', vying with Gary Dourdan from CSI Las Vegas who comes a (very) close second and Madison the female labrador who plays Vincent the dog on 'Lost' and howls when Jorge Garcia sings, and who comes third.
  • Went swimming... three times. A record for me.
  • After scouring the whole island for a purple dress to go with my gorgeous Next purple shoes for a friend's upcoming morning wedding, I finally managed to find one I liked at a shop in Balzan (next door to Zmerc). Even thought the dress is technically a size larger, it still looks good and, more importantly, is the right colour - hurrah! They have some stunning evening stuff soI''m sure i'll be back.
  • I also bought a dress for the MADC's Garrer Garrer (get-together) last Friday - it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and I really had fun catching up with some friends that I hadn't seen for ages. I even danced, which is a very unusual occurance, so I must have been really enjoying myself!

That's it really... otherwise it was mainly work (writing, doing a voice-over and an advert coming soon to a TV near you (!), teaching Mini Stages, end of term at summer school last week and end of term at Stagecoach this week) and rehearsals for Some Explicit Polaroids by Unifaun which you can see at St James Cavalier in October (providing you're over 18 hehehe!) And of course, school starts soon which means lots of preperation and even more work! Oh well, at least I love my job!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay - I got first comment! I'd better not waste it by saying something meaningless like wiggledeescoop.

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shoot! Glad you had a nice summer cos now it's back to work for you! The Garrer Garrer was another good one this year and I got to shake my groove-thang until it almost fell off. Really looking forward for Polaroids. I'll be watching it for sure as I've been over 18 for some time now.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Hee! Yeah, the Garrer was a blast! And yep, back to the slog *groan*. but hopefully, SEP will be good...

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger nurse pica said…

    you lead what seems to be a very full life!

    hmmm i soon have my graduation ball and i want an original looking dress...i think i'll pay that shop next to zmerc a visit!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Ooooooooh, Nurse Pica, fil-kaz tell the owner/saleswoman that i recommended the shop to you coz i told her I would! Te shop is called 'Quest. Have fun at your gradutation!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home