the domestiC AcTresS

Stay at home with the cats... or act on stage. My lifelong dilemma.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Hello world!

I've decided to change my blog name and ' about me' to something a bit more interesting:

1. You know about 'The Domestic Goddess'... well I am definately not one of those. However, I am torn between wanting to spend my every waking moment on stage and erm... spending my time at home, nice and comfortable, pottering around the house and/or watching tv with hubby and cats. I was never into 'home things' when I lived at my parent's house, but the moment I started living alone nearly 10 years ago (oh my!), I turned into this person who actually enjoys curtain and bedspread shopping. God help me! Anyway, I love my house and take a lot of pride in making it look nice. On the other hand, I love acting and singing and being on stage so very much. So, do I stay home and bask in the glow of domesticity? Or do I drag my ass off the sofa and go to rehearsals/performances? Hence the dilemma. Oh, and the capital letters spell 'cats' which as you all know, equals my favourite animal. Purrrrrrfect!

2. I shall still be reesa to all of you, but my full blog name is actually princess reesabuttercup for various reasons. First of all, Sha came up with the name Princess Buttercup for various odd and vaguely complicated reasons which I have forgotten but I think have to do with Reese's peanut butter cups or something. Secondly, Buttercup is the name of the female protagonist of one my favourite and one of the best films in the world ever - 'The Princess Bride' (with, as my friend Simone recently reminded me, the best quote - "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"). And last but not least, it is the name of one of the Powerpuff Girls which I used to, and still, think is one of the best and funniest cartoons I've ever seen. I can even sing the theme tune on demand tra la la!

8 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger sharonspiteri said…

    Its Princess Buttercup and here are the reasons why:

    1. If the Queen is a Queen, you are nothing (but nothing) less than a Princess; The Blonde and I are just ladies-in-waiting... she the good one, me the bad and wicked witch.
    2. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger MaltaGirl said…

    I opened up my aggregator and nearly panicked, thinking that it had been hacked... but no, just a name-change *whew* I like it, by the way!

    Princess Bride, I applaud your taste. My favourite part is the "I'm not left-handed" bit, heheheh.

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Right - Reese's Peanut Butter Cup sounds like Princess Reesa Buttercup, sort of! Hehe!

    Yes, Princess Bride is a blast. I have it on video but it just came out on dvd and I want it! I am just toddle off to play.com right now...

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Giselle said…

    Cary Elwes ... the hunk of the 80s? :P

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Yes... oh Cary! But my true love in that film is Inigo Montoya played by MAndy Patinkin who is now in 'Criminal Minds' on Living TV on Fridays.

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Hsejjes said…

    So you like Criminal Minds??? OoOhhh I love that programme....in fact i love crimmies. You should read The Jigsaw Man. Very much on the same line of that programme. Brilliant book. I will lend it to you if you like. :)

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Thanks! Last episode of Criminal Minds (part 2) next Friday at 10 pm!

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey sweetie, last night I saw you do your thing in the Bay advert at the cinema. I wrote that for them ages ago! Glad to see it turned out so sexy.

    By the bye, the lady and I were watching 'My Super-Ex Girlfriend' and I'd really recommend it as a feel-good mivie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home