the domestiC AcTresS

Stay at home with the cats... or act on stage. My lifelong dilemma.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

NOT a good week

Last week I experience the weirdest day of my life. I won't go into much detail as it hurts to type (explanation coming up...) Suffice to say that last Monday started off in a normal way. Went to the office (situated in my boss's house), said hello to his kids, played with the dog and started work. One and a half hours later, my boss's wife was trying to leave the house and the dog started growling at her and the youngest kid. I went between the dog (who, they had had for about 3 months - they had taken him in after he was abandoned on thier doorstep) and the kid and he turned and bit me on my hands. Hard. It was horrible, I was bleeding profusely from the left hand and promptly went into shock. But it still hurt like hell. I was accompanied inside to put a towel around my wounds. Two minutes later, the dog bit through his leash, ran across the road, got run over by a rubbosh truck and died on the spot.

Sounds like a bad dream, right? Or a really bad B film. It was just like a nightmare. The kids were crying, I was crying... it was the most awful thing ever. My boss got me to the polyclinic and I was given a tentanus booster and sutures on both hands. The right wasnt so bad, but the left... well, I won't go into details. Since then, I've gone back to the plyclinic twice to take some sutures off and have to go back at least one more time as one bite on my palm just wont heal. But the nurses assure me that i shouldn't scar.

The following Thursday, I had to read at the wedding of one of my very best friends. There I was in my new dress, shoes, bag - the works... and a lovely trendy white bandage on my left hand hehehe! Actually, I managed to hide it pretty well with my shawl so it wasn't that bad. The Pea suggested that I dye the bandage purple, but it is bad enough that I have to do everything with one hand, such as washing my hair and feeding the cats... I really couldn't be bothered!

To add to the 'bad week', I also didn't get into a theatrical production that I really wanted to do and am still a bit puzzled (as apparently is practically everyone else!) that I didn't get in. Oh well, just one of those things I guess!

On the positive side, rehearsals of the production I am currently in 'Some Explicit Polaroids' are going well. At least they will be when I learn my lines hehehe! I'm playing what for me is a really challenging role, and unlike anything that I've ever done before. I'm looking forward to it but am scared of it at the same time. Only two weeks to go...

5 Comments:

  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger MaltaGirl said…

    Miskina for your bad week :-S It's true how it never rains but it dumps cats, dogs and miscellaneous hippopotami on your head...

    Break a leg for SEP :-)

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whoa cor - there are bad weeks and then there are REALLY HORRID weeks. Being bitten once is bad enough, but the shock of that second bite must have been nasty. However I must guiltily admit to popping a giggle at the creature's dramatic exit and subsequent demise.

    And as for the dual-bandage thing
    - just be glad you're not a guy as that would have impaired your writing AND your sexlife. :)

    And don't worry about not getting in a play. The universe clearly has other plans...

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Thanks Maltagirl! *removes hippopotampous from umbrella*.

    Malc, you always manage to make my day a bit brighter hehehe! BTW, prosit to the wife for her piano-playing and painting skills! We watched 'Boston Marriage' on Sat and really enjoyed the whole evening.

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Giselle said…

    Really a bandage is not such a bad thing because it gets you lots of attention ;) the only downside is that you have to relate the same story over and over again!

    Looking forward to SEP

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Coemgen said…

    Ouch! Just read the post now. Hope you're better now. Bad week indeed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home