the domestiC AcTresS

Stay at home with the cats... or act on stage. My lifelong dilemma.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Friends and Nerds

Had a really good evening last night. Went to watch a stand-up comedy show at St James Cavalier with the Pea - Punk Science. Really funny. I needed a laugh after the past couple of weeks. Of course, Pea being Pea and me being me, we HAD to get in on the onstage action!

Apart from being the noisiest people in the audience (of course!), we were also the nerdiest. We squealed everytime they mentioned 'Star Wars' or 'Star Trek' and at one point, when they asked a question about something or other which had to do with the universe - a question which required a numerical answer - we of course shouted '
42'. Which elicited a laugh and a look from the three performers. Later on they asked if there were any Trekkies in the audience 'apart from those 2 nerds over there of course'. Hee!

After the show, Pea and I finally had our oft-postponed girlie meal with Witchie and The Blonde at Fusion in Valletta. Highly recommended for its food, but mainly for the lovely waiter who listen to our gripes and questions about food types and rants about food allergies and changes of orders and very loud innapropriate comments and... you get my drift. I wanted to give the man some kind of award. A small medal of some sort at least. He got through the three hours we were there, hounding him, with such grace (except at the very end at around 2 am when he sneaked off to have a cigarette to steady his nerves and, I suspect, book himself into a nursing home for a couple of weeks). We promised him that we wouldn't be back for at least three weeks to allow him to get his breath, and sanity, back and that we would warn him of our arrival by calling ahead so he can take leave on the day if he wanted too.

Just one other thing. It's when things aren't going really right in your life that you discover who your real friends are. The ones who hold your hand when you are breaking up inside, telling them things you wouldn't dream of telling anyone else, mainly because they wouldn't understand or they'd judge you or whatever. I'm lucky to say I have those friends and, right now, I'd be lost without them.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:24 AM, Blogger sharonspiteri said…

    I wouldn't have gotten through the past couple of weeks without you sweetie so it's mutual xxx

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Anytime babe, you know. Love you!

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Giselle said…

    Take care... and as I'm writing this I remember that it's Tuesday! I shall email you :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home