the domestiC AcTresS

Stay at home with the cats... or act on stage. My lifelong dilemma.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

"FZZZZLLLE... Wha? Huh?! Eh?! Oh! Am I supposed to be awake right now? Well, OK I'll try. The truth is that I keep on dropping off at odd hours of the day as I've been having late nights at Shakespeare rehearsals at San Anton. Coupled with long days working and writing. Today alone, I worked on three articles and my brain is frazzled (and I still have half a day to get through, including a technical dress rehearsal at San Anton which starts at 6 pm and is expected to go on until 2. AM tomorrow, that is.)

"This is the point when, in every theatrical production I have ever taken part in, I scream "WHY WHY WHY??!??!" (inwardly of course or else my neighbours will think I am weirder than they already think I am). Why do I put myself through this torture of learning 1 bazillion lines, of wearing uncomfortable costumes (and in this play, a bikini of all things - damn you Chris Gatt), of dragging myself to rehearsals that go on for 4 hours, of hardly ever seeing my hubbie and the cats at home, of never having the luxury of watching tv or eating a decent meal, of filling every single waking moment of the day (and some sleeping ones too) with work or rehearsals, of having to schedule a reminder on my mobile to make sure I wash my hair and shave my legs because otherwise, I am too busy to make the time?! WHY?!

"Then, I remember... even though things seem dark and horrible right now, hopefully there will be that one magic moment when I am on stage in front of (hopefully) hundreds of people, when all these weeks of hard work will come together and it will feel good. Just for one moment. And then, it will all be worth it."

'The Merry Wives of Windsor' is to take place between the 13th and 23rd July (excl. 17th), with a preview night on the 12th with tickets at reduced prices. The play is directed by Chris Gatt and is set in the swinging sixties. There is also a live band and a pool on stage. No, really. Tickets at Lm 6 and Lm 7 are on sale from Agenda Bookshop. More info from the MADC website.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger MaltaGirl said…

    I'm rounding up people to come watch, probably on Saturday 22nd. Wheeee!

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Hsejjes said…

    That's the price you have to pay for fame, reesa! :)) come on, chin up, your public awaits you! :))Think Karmen Azzopardi, think Joan Collins, think DIVA!!! Sweep onto that stage and knock them dead! lol

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Hehehe Hsejjes! issa naraw - they say it will be "allright on the night", hux?! Maltagirl, by the 22nd I shoul dhave learnt all my lines at least hehe!

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Giselle said…

    In 20 mins you'll be at the clubrooms (or that's the time that you were given but then again you know Chris), but I'm at home relaxing on a Sunday afternoon :) [cos I have all of 2 lines!]

    Just thought I'd leave my mark :P

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are completely and utterly my idol :)
    can't wait for the show! Break a leg!

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    reees dahling i feel your pain. this morning i was working out when i'd have an hour off to be able to wash AND dry my hair. i don't think it's going to happen before thursday. thank dog we're wearing wigs onstage. offstage i'm going to be wearing many headscarves i fear !!!! groan!
    hehe. see you soon xxx

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Hi Claire, hope you enjoy it! And Qween, I understand... have to keep making reminders on my phone to shave my legs or else the audience will be greeted by a show of stubble hehehehe!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home