the domestiC AcTresS

Stay at home with the cats... or act on stage. My lifelong dilemma.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Viva Las London!

What a blast I had... London is amazing. So much to see and do. I'd forgotten how I enjoy holidaying there. This time, highlights (apart from seeing the hubby after a month apart of course!) included - in no particular order:

1. Watching
Avenue Q. Oh my god, it is sooooooooooooo laugh-out-loud funny. One of the best shows I have ever seen. The set, the puppets, the actors, the singing, the songs the rudeness of it all hehe! I really want us to do it here in Malta!

2. Shopping -
Primark rules! Brilliant shop were you can find practically anything. High street store opening in Spring. Will definately be there hehe! Bought so much stuff - shoes. pj's, tops, jacket... too many things to mention! And Boots, I love Boots *sigh*

3.
Starbucks. Yum! Toffee nut latte is the yummiest. You heard it here first.

4. Watching
'Wicked'. simply put - I loved it. Amazing cast and set and music.

5.
New Years Eve spent with Sha (initially), P, the 2 Chrisses and Mich. The setting (fireworks at the London Eye) was amazing but the company was even better! Yay friends!

6. Spending the day at the Tate. And especially, speeding down the slides which make up the Unilever Series - twice! What fun!


7. Watching 'Dick Whittington' written by Mark Ravenhill who also wrote 'Some Explicit Polaroids'. What FUN! At one point, the main cast drenched the audience with water hoses/pistols. I don't think I've ever laughed so much! It would never happen at the Manoel hehe!

8. Meeting the man himself, Mark Ravenhill, at 'Peter Pan', a panto that our friend Tom Camilleri was in. Yay Tom btw! And then watching Ravenhill sing the panto song sheet 'How much is the doggy in the window' with the rest of the audience - how sweet! It was really cool to talk to him, although I think we kinda overwhelmed him with our joie-de-vivre and excitement at meeting him hehe!

Anyway, London, I'll be back! And soon. Besides, I want to watch 'Spamalot' and so much more. Better start saving now...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger PeachBellini said…

    booo our paths seem to be stubbornly opposite at the moment. BUT, when I'm back in England you gotta come see me k? And we can meet up in London too:-) I offer dinner... ask wwitchie if it's safe or not :-) Happy new year:-)

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Yay! Will definately let you know the next time I am in the UK and we shall meet!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home