the domestiC AcTresS

Stay at home with the cats... or act on stage. My lifelong dilemma.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Les Gals

Had a great day today. OK, I started work again and still had a great day today! After work, went for a loooooooong lunch with Queen Pea, Witchie and Jo-Jo where we exchanged Xmas pressies (better late than never hehehe) and I must say I got some pretty nifty stuff! They know me well... give me some pretty jewellery and a funny book and I'm one cheap and happy date!

Lunch finished at about 5 pm! I really thought the restaurant staff were going to throw us out but they were so nice. They came up to us and just as we were apologising for being the only ones left in the place, the manager (I think he was the manager, he seemed to be in charge) told us that we were free to stay as long as we like. It was so nice, and a real change, considering that the level of service, politeness and plain basic civility is usually so crap here.

After that Pea went off to panto, Jo-Jo had an appointment and Witchie needed to do some food shopping - you know, the basic stuff to take back home - gbejniet, salami, stuffed olives etc etc. Now, I hate and detest food shopping so she know has proof positive that I love her to bits, because I actually traipsed round a supermarket with her for nearly an hour and only grumbled about 5 times - a record for me! OK, maybe it was 6.

Later, she and Jo were at my house, the three of us having a good old natter and an even better laugh. I really was reminded that I really do miss having them here. Friends are fun and good to have, kids! When they're around all the time, I suppose you kinda take them for granted but when they're around in small doses only, you tend to appreciate them more I suppose! And on the rare occasions that the four of us are together, it is a real buzz.

Yes, it was a good day.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ahhh reese ... that's lovely !
    i love it when the four of us are together too.
    wish i could've joined at your place ... but you know ... royal duties call an' all that !
    xxx

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger sharonspiteri said…

    hello d gals, to quote one ww, i just got into lewes, the trip was okay, met a couple with baby twins who were soooo cute... at first i thought it was going to be a nightmare being seated next to TWO babies but they were real sweeties, they just gurgled and threw some food around :) so im back home, unpacking food and clothes and preparing for the domestics before getting into bed with a dvd :-) i miss you all already but there's no denying that my life is about to slow down by about 50 per cent, and that's a conservative estimate!

    cor yesterday really was a fab day, long lunch and smart shopping and all... i thought you were going to pick on us but you just said the sweetest things!

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Awwwwwww... yeah it was lovely yesterday! U isma Sha, I am normally a v. nice person... except when I am being an eeeeeeevil Queenie V hehehe!

    *royal wave to Queen Pea*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home