the domestiC AcTresS

Stay at home with the cats... or act on stage. My lifelong dilemma.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Rain, rain go away.

Yesterday it rained for what seemed like ages. Is was ages... it woke me up at about 5 am and it was still raining when I crawled into bed at about 10 pm. As the song goes, I can't stand the rain. I simply can't understand people who say "Oh I love winter" - what is there to love? Especially here where it is so humid that the cold gets into your bones; where any amount of rain is bound to cause mega car stoppage, floods inside and outside houses and walls to fall down. Here in my house, I have a flooded entrance and bathroom - great.
Besides, as everyone who knows me knows, it only takes a whiff of cold weather for me to suddenly develop the flu.

So, yesterday, I ventured out of the house at 4.30 pm (only because I had to go to work). In the process of getting from car to workplace, I wet my shoes and therefore, socks. So I spent a couple of hours with wet feet. By the time I got home at 7 pm I just knew I'd be sick today. And lo and behold, I woke up with what felt like glass in my throat, as well as 101 fever. There was no way that I could miss work/teaching so I duly had a couple of panadols with my honey and lemon and braved the great outdoors, feeling absolutely ghastly. After 2 classes I had to do an interview with someone for a magazine and then go to various places with the hubby to do things I had been putting off for ages and which simply had to be done today.

After each place, I kept on saying to myself: "Just one more place, just one more and then I'll go home". In the end, after nearly fainting at SISA supermarket, I gave up and came home to chicken soup and bed. Or so I thought. I decided to put the p.c. on - BIG mistake! I couldn;t resist the 'pull of the blog'. So here I am typing when I really, really should be in bed. And even worse, I stupidly opened my work email and have a nice big stack of emails which need to be worked upon - boo! Will this day ever end?!

*groan*

1 Comments:

  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger MaltaGirl said…

    Miskina :-S

    You have exactly one week to get better (because meeting bloggers is obviously more important than anything else) so continue chugging that honey and lemon!

    *passes the Panadol*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home