the domestiC AcTresS

Stay at home with the cats... or act on stage. My lifelong dilemma.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Bleeeuurrgh!

The title above and the cat to your right (also found at stuffonmycat.com), accurately discovers the way I feel after:
1. Lunch at my mother-in-law's consisting of nibbly starters - and those of you who know me well, know that I have to have a taste of EVERYTHING - which included salmon (very fitting, especially since she's Scottish!), salmon paste, cheese scones and garlic bread - yummy! This was followed by turkey, stuffing, potatoes, parsnips, brussels sprouts and other stuff I've forgotten but ate anyway - yummy! Then lemon mousse, chocolate mousse and ice cream (I had a tiny bit of each) - yummy! And then, just as I was going to explode, out came the coffee and these little homemade teeny-weeny cakes in three varities - yummy, yummy! Needless to say, I tried all of them... everything was absolutely delicious but I wished I had worn a skirt with an expandable waist.
2. Tea at my mum's where I only managed to force down some Christmas pud. But mum, bless her, made up a little goodie bag for me to take home and eat for lunch today. However, the way I'm feeling it might go to the cats instead. Then again, you never know with me.
3. Drinks at my uncle's. A glass of home-made mulled wine and one little cheesecake which I regretted as soon as I was half-way through it but couldnt be bothered to get up and throw it away. So I ate it.
Something like this happens every Christmas day... and I never learn! Oh well, thank goodness Christmas only comes once a year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home