the domestiC AcTresS

Stay at home with the cats... or act on stage. My lifelong dilemma.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

1 down, 2 to go...

So one weekend of 'Audacity' is over. It went well... no major disasters. just a set which was was not quite what I expected but which was remedied by some lovely people quite quickly (thanks, lovely people); a quick crash course in lighting design by Chris Gatt, who laughed at my ignorance (in the nicest of ways) and who taught me a lot; a number of sound cue cd's which refused to work so my executive producer (yo wes!) had to make what seemed like 1 million copies; a screaming fit (the first one!) from the director (ie) me after a rather disastrous tech/dress rehearsal where my notes were longer than the play itself; some fluffing of lines and pieces of set being knocked over on first night - all stuff which I guess is to be expected.

But the feedback has been mainly very positive from the people who have watched the first weekend and I must say I am pleased with us, especially since I think we made miracles with some bits of the play. Yay us! Roll on the next two weekends...

1 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yey! Great stuff! Chia and I watching on saturday, can't wait!

    Love you
    xxxxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home