the domestiC AcTresS

Stay at home with the cats... or act on stage. My lifelong dilemma.

Friday, April 14, 2006

A pictorial cat story

Most of you know that I have 2 cats - Harry and Ron who are very cute and were named after the Harry Potter characters by their furry godmother Sha. When they were brought home by my then-boyfriend (now-hubby) and The Blonde as a b'day pressie for me a couple of years ago, they came in a little basket in which they could both fit very comfortably.

Now, because they are older and because I am a sucker (as soon as they miaow pitifully, I feed them), they are much bigger than they used to be and so they don't both fit in the basket. Harry (the multi-cloured one) has decided that the basket belongs to him, so everytime Ron (the ginger one) tries to sit in it, he either throws him out or just doesn't get out at all. So we get this:



Last Sunday, my parents gave me a larger basket for the cats which, I realised, would fit both the cats quite comfortably. Or at least, Ron could relax in it while Harry sat in the other, smaller one. I got it home and they sniffed at it.


A few minutes later, I found this:



I just can't win, can I...

10 Comments:

  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger MaltaGirl said…

    How cuuuuuuuuuuuute!

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Toni Sant said…

    O to be a cat!

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger PeachBellini said…

    They're adorable!!! The Beloved says he wants to give them an extra cuddle, just because:)

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    I knowwwwwwwww... they are really sweet. U issa, since we got the new bathroom (work starts on it next week), they have taken to sitting and playing in the new bath - we've had to cover it with a blanket so that they don't scratch it!

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Toni Sant said…

    Nail clippers! Yes, ordinary (human) nail clippers should do the trick better than a blanket. You'll need to repeat the clipping every 4 weeks or so.

    Are you planning to keep in your bathtub under wraps even after it's installed?

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Yes, I know about the clippers (we had got their claws clipped once when they were kittens so they wouldn't scratch the furniture). But I don't think i'll bother - first of all, my cats love new things but soon lose interest, and secondly we usually leave the bathroom door closed so they rarely go inside!

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger James said…

    So they have 9 lives and a new basket

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Giselle said…

    Remind me that this is my entry for next month's Karnival :)

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Yes, my cats are spoiled James! How sweet G, ta!

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger sharonspiteri said…

    cor of course you cant win with harry and ron... as part of the naming ceremony i gave them some witchie godmother vibes ahahahahahah *evil cackle*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home