the domestiC AcTresS

Stay at home with the cats... or act on stage. My lifelong dilemma.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

If I ever had any doubt at all...

... that Quentin Tarantino is a genius, well now I know for sure. He is.

Yesterday I saw the second half of the final episode of series 6 of CSI (Crime Scene Investigation') called 'Grave Danger' which Tarantino wrote and directed. Now, the whole series has been excellent but somehow, Tarantino managed to get something special out of the actors. They've always been good, but in this double episode they were excellent. That's what having a fantastic script and genius director does to you I guess!

The plot was amazing and there was a twist in the first half that I never saw coming (rather unusually for me!). Oh and there was a special appearance by the legendary Tony Curtis - an absolute brilliant casting coup! But, more than that, I was so impressed by the way that Tarantino developed the characters that I have been watching for years. In this particular episode, I learnt more about the emotions and lives of both the main and secondary characters, than I have learnt over the whole fifth series. Although I must say that enjoyed the whole series very much... especially the yummy Gary Dourdan who plays CSI Warrick Brown (look him up - it's worth oit just for his pic!)

Anyway, that was some brilliant TV and I'm so glad I got to watch it.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger MaltaGirl said…

    Ooooh, Em and I had a very in-depth discussion about the first half of the finale at the gig last week! She petrified me by suggesting that we might have to wait until NEXT season to watch the second half, arg.

    I had a meeting at 8pm last night, and around 10pm I began chivvying everyone to get through the last couple of points on the ever-lengthening agenda... and I made it home in time *whew*

    I liked the episode too, twisty turny. Nothing like a demented madman to make for an intruiging plot (I mean the character in the finale, not Quentin Tarantino).

    CSI: the programme where geeks RULE!

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    YEAH! I really loved it. At the moment it's the only series that I follow every week. Don't know what I'm going to do on Friday evenings now hehe!

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home