the domestiC AcTresS

Stay at home with the cats... or act on stage. My lifelong dilemma.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Boing boing!

Spring is here (hence the title hehehe). I am sitting at my p.c. with the balcony door open, watching the cats play-fighting on the sunny patio - bliss! If it wasn't for my slight sore throat (yeah I spoke too soon about being 100% better - typical), I would be perfectly happy. As it is, I still need to blow my nose every so often, as well as take cough medicine and spray my throat as my glands are a bit swollen. No, I won't tell you what they look like coz it's gross.

Apart from lazing about last Friday and today - which is a MAJOR change/unusual thing for me to do - there's not been much to report in my life really. Oh, except for meeting Maltagirl at Stagecoach last Monday where she regaled me with the funniest (and only!) song about snot I have ever heard, to the tune of 'A Pharoah Story' from 'Joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat'. If you ask her nicely, I am sure she will let you have a copy (she recorded herself singing it and emailed it to me - she is a rhyming genius!). I still think she is the best chance of us ever winning the Eurovision...

What else? Ah yes, the Saturday before last, I went out to lunch at Mamma Mia with the Pea and the Singer - Karen, one of the original 'sistahs' (which comprised the Pea, the Blonde, Ka and myself, and later Sha). Ka went back to her native Canada last summer and was in Malta for a short visit. Lunch was mega-fun, as well as being mega-yummy (the other 2 gals had salads; I had the biggest chicken burger in the world - and thoroughly enjoyed it mwahahahaha!) and it was as if she'd never left.

I sometimes miss those days when we were all closer than we are now. I seem to have drifted away somewhat. I don't know why. The others will doubtlessly say that I'm being paranoid! But sometimes, I feel as if I've slowly but surely kinda 'grown up' and I don't really like being 'grown up'. Sometimes, I just want us to be how we were before, laughing about stupid things; discussing films; getting dressed up to go out on the town; having a laugh while watching TV; phoning each other up to have a gossip... Maybe I've just changed and become boring. Or maybe I'm just blathering on. What is for sure is that, when we do all get together in the same country, for a while, I go back to being that young, silly girl having a laugh, even if it's just for a few hours. I like that 'me'... she's fun! But she seems to put in an appearance less and less these days.

Oooh, this was meant to be a nice, short light-hearted entry, and here I am pouring my heart out! I think I know what it is... waaayyyyyyyytoo much work and little to no play. I mean, I got sick a month ago and haven't really recovered since, so I've been working and sleeping, working and sleeping. Perhaps I just need some 'fun'. Hmmmm, maybe some retail therapy would work?! And a holiday would be nice, but no way to both until the new bathroom is paid off, for sure!

Suggestions for 'fun' things which can be done without actually spending any money are welcome hehehe!

14 Comments:

  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger PeachBellini said…

    *sigh* I'm so jealous. It's crappy weather AGAIN here and I'm still in hibernation *cries*

    As for fun things to do... according to an article in the Times (the one from God's Big Acre, not God's Little Acre), spring makes us all more frisky... *innocent look*

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Hehehehe Athena, I KNEW that someone would come up with that one!

    Re: the weather. - yeah it's wonderful, sunny even! Come over for a long weekend!

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger MaltaGirl said…

    Free fun things...

    * redesign your blog (not that there's anything wrong with it)

    * build stuff out of meccano (I'll lend you some if you like)

    * go for a hike

    * dig out the board games (scrabble, trivial pursuit, cluedo, boggle, monopoly)

    * do some drawing just for fun, even if you're rubbish at it - caricatures of one's friends are always fun, heheheh

    * throw a "bring your own dish" party (shameless but cheap)

    * round up some musicians for a jam session (or actors for the theatrical equivalent)

    * write a short story, as ridiculous as possible for maximum laughs :-)

    * wander around remote village of your choice, taking photos of cool stuff

    * picnic!!!

    * er, what she said.

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger MaltaGirl said…

    Oh yes, and the snot song, titled Reesa and her Amazing Technicolour Snot, can be found here (459 kb, .wav file).

    *grin*

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Giselle said…

    Everyone wants free and fun things to do. But alas I'm always at a loss for what those may be... sorry! *shrug*

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Hsejjes said…

    Read a good book.I suggest a Ben Elton one called Dead Famous. Or else if you want to go for something a little bit more heavy a Salman Rushdie 'Midnight's Children'.Both are brilliant. Nothing beats reading.

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Hehehe good ideas Maltagirl - G see anything you like?!

    Hsejjes, I adore reading, it is perhaps my favourite past-time. I actually read 'Dead Famous' years ago, and loved it! At the moment, I've really run out of things to read so today I decided to go back to one of my Agatha Christies and read it again - I like doing that sometimes.

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Hsejjes said…

    Aha another crimmy girl on the block! Have you ever tried Ruth Rendell?

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    Oooh, I love Ruth Rendell! I've read at least 10 of hers. I also really enjoy reading P.D. James - she's amazing and so clever. And what about Ngaio Marsh? I luv 'em all!

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Hsejjes said…

    P.D James!! Ngaio Marsh!!! Now here is a girl with good taste!!! :))

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger princess buttercup said…

    *simmper* thanks!

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger MaltaGirl said…

    Oh no! They'll be reading Agatha Christie next! Run for the hills! Aaggrrrrhhhh!!!

     
  • At 1:29 AM, Blogger sharonspiteri said…

    ahahahah we DO read agatha christie... i have all of them and cor borrows them *lol* AND i have all ngaio marsh's book as well ... actually i think i have about three missing... must remedy that! im a huge crime fiction freak although to be honest i never caught on to rendell... no one has mentioned dorothy sayers... pah!

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger MaltaGirl said…

    *sigh*

    Have you tried the books by Alexander McCall Smith, "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" and so on? Never read any myself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home